10 Ways To Save Money On Your Electricity Bill
<< Click Here To Start Saving Money On Your Electricity Bill Now >>
Saving your hard earned cash on your next electricity bill just got easier than you ever imagined. In this article, I have compiled the a list of the top 10 tips to help navigate you on your campaign to save money and knock your electricity bill down. Along with each tip you will see the possible energy savings you can potentially expect to receive.
In addition to conserving your money, you will be making your house more enjoyable, and you will be helping to preserve the environment and your surroundings.
1. Adjust your water heater's temperature to 120 degrees (save up to 10 percent on water heating costs; verify this by placing a thermometer below some of your taps). Most people in general don't comprehend that their electric water heater is essentially constantly on heating the water.
If you will set the water temperature around 120 degrees your water heater will not have to re-heat the water as much as it does at hotter temperatures therefore saving you electricity and money.
2. Wash and dry only full loads of garments. Use cold water as much as possible (save 2 to 4 percent on your energy costs). This additionally saves time when you plan ahead and wash a full load of your items. Who wants to fold their stuff more than necessary?
3. As a general rule, typically once a month, change your air conditioner's air filter (save up to 5 percent on your yearly electricity bill). Moreover, this helps with dust and dirt in the air making your house cleaner and more enjoyable place to live.
4. Put compact fluorescent lights in high-use fixtures (save close to 66 percent on lighting cost per light). Furthermore, these type of lights manage to last much longer than the conventional light bulbs that many of us use today.
5. On hot, sunny days, keep your drapes shut on windows facing to the south and west (save 2 to 4 percent on your energy bill). The drapes will help keep the suns heat from heating up your house which means you use less energy to stay comfortable.
6. Keep your doors and vents shut in rooms that are not being used (save up to 3 percent on cooling costs). There is no need to spend money cooling off rooms that are not being used - this can be a huge savings depending on how many square feet you have in your house.
7. Caulk and weather-strip around windows and doors (save 1 to 4 percent on your energy bill). Many folks skip over this step, but heat seeping around cracks means you have to use more air condition and essentially more power which means you're wasting money.
8. During hot weather place your thermostat at 78 degrees or above when you're at your house, and at 85 degrees when no one is there (you save 1 to 2 percent per degree increased on your electricity bill). Additionally, use a ceiling fan or a fan that rotates back and forth. This can make a room appear nearly 4 degrees cooler!
9. Use your microwave oven instead of your conventional cooking range (save up to 50 percent on cooking costs). Microwaves are much more electricity efficient than ordinary traditional ovens. A traditional oven uses a lot of energy to heat up and to stay hot.
10. Take advantage of super low electricity rates from Ambit Energy and save up to 16% on your next electricity bill - for the average user this is over $250 per year!
This is one of best ways to save money right off the top of your electricity bill with doing almost nothing. All you have to do is switch your electricity provider and you can do it online in just a couple of minutes.
About The Author
Ward Miller is an expert at helping others save money on their electricity bills. You can find out more about saving money from your electricity company by visiting the site today.